Sunday, January 06, 2008

Back to school...

In Hungary, Christmas break ended on January 2. We were all back in school on Thursday January 3. It was a nice way to ease back into school for me, having only two days before the weekend. I ended up staying home from work for almost two weeks before the break. So it has been about four weeks since I've seen many of my students.

Yesterday, the graduating or leaving students had their Szalagavato. I enjoy going because it gives me a chance to see the students in a different setting as well as learn more about the culture. The students receive a pin from their form teacher as a symbol that they are becoming adults. There are a couple of fun dances; one group of students danced to Grease, another did the Charleston. Then there is the big waltz. They are all choreographed and the students look beautiful.

Joey was able to go with me. It gave him the opportunity to see a little bit of my work life. He was able to meet some of my colleagues as well as see some students. I really enjoyed having him there.

No comments: