Saturday, June 16, 2007

Receiving Teachings...

The Lord is constantly teaching me things... if I am willing to stop and listen, then hopefully I learn. But when I am too busy, I sometimes miss the JOY that he has in me. God is so good!

This morning I was watering some plants we have in pots outside our front door. Two of the plants are herbs, rosemary and mint. I'm not sure how long we have had them, but long enough for them to really grow and produce fruit so to speak. As I have had plants over the past couple of years, I have learned to really enjoy them. I love it that I can see how my care for them allows them to grow and to be healthy. I love running my hand over the mint and the rosemary and then smelling my hand, the scent transfers onto my hands and it smells so good, so fresh.

What came to mind in that this morning is that as the Lord pours himself into me... as I am open to being in his word and in prayer and growing in him that I am a pleasing aroma to him.

God is so good... and I know that as I find joy in my herbs and seeing them growing and thriving I know that God finds joy in seeing me growing and thriving.

No comments: