Monday, March 26, 2007

Let me start by being completely honest . . . I am tired. But, I've been meaning to get an update out for a week. So here it goes . . .

I had a wonderful birthday! A friend, Doini decided to have a small dinner party for me at her flat. It was very nice of her. Here's a link to some photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/hungaryteacher/tags/birthday/.

March 15 is a national holiday in Hungary, so many of my friends went away for the 4 day weekend. I decided that I wanted to stay for my birthday, but the next day I took a train to Bratislava, Slovakia. I went to visit some other American teachers. We had a nice time together. Then I came back home on Saturday night. Then on Sunday I went to church and spent the afternoon with some friends.

I'll just say the weekend was too much for me . . . because I ended up getting sick. The following week, I stayed home from work three days. I either had a bad cold or the flu. I am feeling better now, but trying to make sure I have enough rest and vitamins!!

I'm going to start language school this week. It is two nights a week for ten weeks. I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully it won't be too much for me on top of teaching. I think it will be good for me to be back in the students role again . . . so I can improve my own teaching skills! ;-)

No comments: