Saturday, December 23, 2006

How can Christmas be two days away!?!? I can't believe how quickly the past two, really four months have passed!

The past six weeks went well. I did have ups and downs with the students and with my own homesickness. But I am so glad I'm here. I love teaching. At times the students don't understand me and that can be difficult. But there is usually at least one student in the class who understands me and can explain it in his or her own language.

I have started developing friendships at the church I'm attending. It is a Hungarian/English Calvary Chapel. Pretty much everything is translated into both languages. A couple of weeks ago, a friend had a birthday party. Here's a picture of us at the party. It was a lot of fun. It was kind of a themed party where people had to guess what two things she really likes that start with B and bring them or a representation of them as gifts.

Today I will be going ice skating with another teacher's daughter and her friends. I'm a little nervous because at home if I have a hard time skating I can always hug the wall. Well, in an outdoor ice ring, there's no wall. I'll be praying the whole time!!! :-)

No comments: