Sunday, December 31, 2006

The end of one chapter, the beginning of another...

Many times at this time of year we think about what has happened in the past year and what we would like to change about ourselves in the following year. In the states, many people will be purchacing gym memberships, exercise equipment, nicorette, or some other things to help them adjust their lifestyle. We as a people want to become better, to look better, to feel better. But how often are we looking at how we can change ourselves, when we all know we can't.

As I have been contemplating where my life is right now, I believe that God is calling me forward. He doesn't want me to look at the past, or even really ways in which I may want to change myself. He wants me to focus on him.

Isaiah 43:18 - 19: Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Looking forward to what God will do in 2007!!

No comments: