Friday, February 02, 2007

I have to write about this because it's kind of funny to me. . .

Erin and I are both sick. We have colds. She has stayed home from work the past few days. But, I haven't felt that bad, so I've been going to work. Well today (Friday) I only have one class. . . and it's cancelled, so I don't really need to go to school. . . but I need to be there later this afternoon for picture day.

All that said, we were both sleeping in today. We don't feel well, we need to get some rest. But what we didn't plan on is our neighbor doing some work on their flat. At 8:00am I was woken up by some drilling into concrete walls, pounding on metal pipes. . . it is 9:20am as I write this and it still hasn't stopped.

It's pretty crazy, the walls of the building are all concrete. I'm not sure what the metal sound is coming from, maybe the heaters or something. But you know, back in California we have insulation so we don't hear each other. It's not like that here. I have been woken up at two or three o'clock in the morning from a baby crying. Then I just pray, Lord please comfort that baby so I can get some sleep.

It is a little annoying, but I don't really mind that much. I feel rested. And since I'm awake, I can work on somethings I wanted to do this weekend anyway. This reminds me of a Precious Moments Figurine called Praise the Lord Anyhow, I found a picture of it:

No comments: