Monday, September 18, 2006

My Story...
I have been working in accounting for the past four years. This has been a good opportunity for me both professionally and personally. Although, my heart's desire has always been in ministering the love of God to people both in the states and overseas. So, I am taking that next step and moving to Hungary to teach conversational English.
The organization I will be teaching with is ESI aka teachoverseas.org. I had applied and was accepted to teach with them in 2003 but did not feel ready at the time. I had been thinking about applying again this year, so I called in August to see about possibly teaching in the 2007 school year. When I called, I found out that they had an immediate need for a teacher this year. I did not feel ready, but I wanted to meet with them in person and talk about next year.
The day I went to meet with them, they were in the middle of training. I was able to meet with new teachers, veteran teachers and support staff members. I sat through trainings, meals and a teaching practicum. I ended up spending the whole day there, arriving at 9:00 am and leaving at 8:40 pm. I had such an awesome time. By the time I left, I had decided that if at all possible I would go this year. So, here I am preparing to leave. I still have approximately a month before I leave, but I'm very excited about this opportunity.

No comments: